Instructions to Applicants
Bermuda’s new state-of-the-art airport terminal has been built to meet the international, regulated security standards to ensure the safety of the traveller. One of these requirements is to restrict access to the curb adjacent to the terminal building to only pre-approved authorized vehicles (“Inner Curb Access”). As such, a barrier control system will be used to manage the Inner Curb Access. Each pre-approved vehicle will be issued an RFID tag to facilitate Inner Curb Access.
Pre-approved authorized vehicles are:
- Airport Operational Vehicles;
- Emergency Response Vehicles (Fire, Police, and Ambulance);
- Taxis, Mini-Buses, and Limos will only have limited access to pick-up or drop off passengers.
Skyport will regulate Inner Curb Access as required by Air Safety Support International, our international security regulator. For commercial vehicles such as taxis, mini-buses, or limos, Skyport will ensure that the call-up process is followed. Skyport reserves the right to withdraw Inner Curb Access for any infringements on the procedures.
Inner Curb Access is for pick-up and drop-off purposes only. Only emergency vehicles will be permitted to park or leave a vehicle unattended at this location at any time. Failure to comply will result in the cancellation of the RFID tag and/or towing of the offending vehicle. Each applicant will also comply with all requests from Skyport’s Traffic Officers and security personnel whilst operating a vehicle at the airport and the holding pen.
- The application must be filled out by the owner of the vehicle;
- Once the online form is completed, the owner will receive a confirmation email, if you do not receive a confirmation email within 24hrs, contact the airport Traffic Officer (contact details below);
- The confirmation email will include several dates and times that the applicant can come to the airport to pick up their RFID tag to be secured in the vehicle. The applicant must bring a valid driver’s license and vehicle registration to receive their access card. The information must be the same as that provided in the form.
Please be advised that you can pick up your RFID tag for L.F. Wade International Airport at the ORAT offices in the existing L.F. Wade International Airport Terminal.
Pick up days are from Nov 9th – 13th 2020, anytime between 8 am- 5 pm.
The ORAT Offices can be found right before the departures curb, near the entrance for American Airlines. The entrance is on the side of the terminal building, there is a sign that says ‘ORAT’. You can knock at the door, someone will assist you.
If you have any questions, please call the Airport Traffic Officer on 299-4851.
Terms and Conditions
Click here to read the full Terms and Conditions governing this application process.
If you are unable to complete the online form below, click here to download a printable copy of the form which can be filled out manually.