Taxis are available at L.F. Wade International Airport that seat up to six passengers.
All Bermuda taxis are fitted with a meter and rates are fixed by the government. Taxis in Bermuda operate from a standard rate:
- RATE 1 – For 1 to 4 passengers the rate is $2.75 per mile. The meter starts at $5.15
- RATE 3 -For 5-7 passengers the rate $3.50 per mile. The meter starts at $6.45
- Note: Taxi rates are 25% higher (50% for 5 – 7 passengers) between 12am – 6am, and all day on Sundays and public holidays.
Luggage is an additional $1 per piece.
Taxis can also be hired by the hour for sightseeing. Rates are $50 per hour (1-4 passengers) and $70 per hour (5-7 passengers).
Apply for access
Bermuda’s new state-of-the-art airport terminal has been built to meet the international, regulated security standards to ensure the safety of the traveller. One of these requirements is to restrict access to the curb adjacent to the terminal building to only pre-approved authorized vehicles (“Inner Curb Access”). As such, a barrier control system will be used to manage the Inner Curb Access. Each pre-approved vehicle will be issued an RFID tag to facilitate Inner Curb Access. Click here to register your vehicle.
Mini-buses and Public buses
Mini-buses can be booked ahead of time for large parties from a number of local operators. Some providers include:
- Beeline Transport – (441) 293-0303
- Bermuda Explorer – (441) 534-1797
- Bermuda Island Tours – (441) 704-8477
- Titan Express – (441) 234-1096
- Unique Vacations – (441) 331-8687
It is not recommended to travel by public bus with luggage. For more information about bus times, routes and tokens, contact the Department of Public Transportation directly at (441) 292-3851 or visit their website: www.gov.bm/bus-fares
Short-term and long-term parking is available at L.F. Wade International Airport:
- Short-term parking is available conveniently in front of the new terminal for up to two hours. Parking costs $1 per hour.
- Long-term parking is located on the apron of the old terminal building and is clearly signposted. Parking is charged at $5 a day (or part thereof).
Customers may pay with card or cash at convenient pay and display machines or use their EasyPark device.
If you have used the long term parking and your return flight has been changed or delayed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organize payment on your return to avoid clamping.
Parking for motorbikes and scooters is provided free of charge between the arrivals and departure halls. In the event that this lot is full, overflow parking for bikes is available at the eastern end of the airport.
Although referred to collectively, Bermuda is in fact made up of 181 islands spanning almost 21 square miles. L.F. Wade International Airport is located on St David’s Island, in the east.
For hotels and properties in the east of Bermuda, travellers should be able to reach their destination from the airport within 10-15 minutes.
Hotels in the centre of the island, around the city of Hamilton and its surroundings, should take between 20-40 minutes.
The west end of the island is popular for its beaches and the historic town of Dockyard. When travelling west, visitors should anticipate a journey time of 45 minutes to an hour.