COVID-19 Prevention for Passengers
June 23, 2020: COVID-19 Prevention Measures for Passengers – click here to download
In support of the Bermuda Government Health Ministry-led efforts to reduce the opportunities for viral transmission in the passenger terminal, Skyport has initiated various preventative measures. We are working with Immigration and Customs regarding screening of passengers and are following best practices recommended by Health officials for the safety of all passengers and employees.
The LF Wade International Airport will reopen to commercial flights on July 1. Flight schedules are available below.
What we are doing:
- Increased the frequency of cleaning activities through the terminal with priority placed on areas anticipated to have elevated risks for viral contact.
- Added additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the terminal.
- Displayed signage on digital screens in the Arrivals Hall with pertinent COVID-19 information.
- Set up an isolated area in the Arrivals Hall for health officials to assess passengers travelling from high-risk areas or those who are exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- Public health and safety audio messaging being broadcast on the PA system throughout the terminal.
- Displaying proper handwashing hygiene posters in key areas throughout the terminal.
Coordinating with janitorial partners to ensure high traffic areas are frequently maintained and ensuring cleaning crews are following the best practices.
What you can do:
The most effective ways to protect yourself and others against COVID-19 are to:
- frequently wash/sanitize your hands for at least 20 seconds each time
- cover your cough with the bend of elbow or tissue
- maintain a distance of at least six feet from people
- stay at home if you are sick
- avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- avoid close contact with people who are sick
To see the latest updates from the Bermuda Government Ministry of Health, please visit: www.gov.bm/coronavirus
Flight Schedule Changes
The LF Wade International Airport will reopen to commercial flights on July 1. Flight schedules are available here: Flight Schedules