In support of the Bermuda Government Health Ministry-led efforts to reduce the opportunities for viral transmission in the passenger terminal, Skyport has initiated various preventative measures. We are working with Immigration and Customs regarding screening of passengers and are following best practices recommended by Health officials for the safety of all passengers and employees.
All commercial flights in and out of Bermuda are suspended for two weeks as of 11:59pm Friday, March 20, 2020.
What we are doing:
- Increased the frequency of cleaning activities through the terminal with priority placed on areas anticipated to have elevated risks for viral contact.
- Added additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the terminal.
- Displayed signage on digital screens in the Arrivals Hall with pertinent COVID-19 information.
- Set up an isolated area in the Arrivals Hall for health officials to assess passengers travelling from high-risk areas or those who are exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- Public health and safety audio messaging being broadcast on the PA system throughout the terminal.
- Displaying proper handwashing hygiene posters in key areas throughout the terminal.
Coordinating with janitorial partners to ensure high traffic areas are frequently maintained and ensuring cleaning crews are following the best practices.
What you can do:
The most effective ways to protect yourself and others against COVID-19 are to:
- frequently wash/sanitize your hands for at least 20 seconds each time
- cover your cough with the bend of elbow or tissue
- maintain a distance of at least one meter (three feet) from people who are coughing or sneezing
- stay at home if you are sick
- avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- avoid close contact with people who are sick
To see the latest updates from the Bermuda Government Ministry of Health, please visit: www.gov.bm/coronavirus
Flight Schedule Changes
WestJet will operate a flight on Tuesday, March 24 to repatriate Bermudians to Bermuda and return Canadians to Canada.
Flight 8977 will depart Toronto 2pm and arrive in Bermuda at 5:39pm.
Flight 4121 will depart Bermuda at 6:30pm and arrive in Toronto at 8:45 pm.
All other commercial flights in and out of Bermuda are suspended for two weeks as of 11:59pm Friday, March 20, 2020.