Four Bermudian companies have been awarded sub-contracts in the new airport terminal building related to flooring, painting, excavation and masonry works.
- Stafford Flooring will perform carpet and vinyl flooring installation.
- Mathias Pro Contractors has been awarded a contract for painting work.
- The concrete tank construction for the waste water treatment plant was awarded to Correia Construction Ltd.
- The contract also includes installation of sidewalks and curbs.
- D&J Construction was awarded a stucco wall treatment contract for ancillary buildings including the gatehouse, concessions building, and water feature.
Frank Ross, Aecon’s Executive Director, Infrastructure, said: “We are pleased again to award more Bermudian companies with sub-contracts for the Airport Redevelopment Project. The important work these companies will perform marks an exciting phase in the construction of the new airport terminal.”
The redevelopment at L.F. Wade International Airport, which was recently recognised with the IJIGlobal Magazine Award for the ‘2017 North America Airport Deal of the Year,’ is expected to be completed in 2020.